Relationships end for all kinds of reasons. Of course, some may be more legitimate than others. For example, breaking up with someone because they say "supposebly" instead of "supposedly" seems pretty George Costanza-esque, while ending things because parents disapprove might hold a little more weight.
In a Reddit thread, the question "What is the worst reason to breakup with someone?" was posed, and people came back with a wide range of answers.
While reading some of the more silly ones, it's important to remember that even the most inane reasons are often signs of larger issues. Or they might be the straw that breaks the camel's back. On the flip side, if said silly reason actually doesn't have real baggage behind it, then you probably don't want to be with that person anyway.
In the words of Redditor Jakky101: "If two people weren't meant to be, even for something as stupid as not folding their clothes a certain way, then it just isn't meant to be."
Below are some of our favorite responses to the question "What is the worst reason to breakup with someone?" culled from Reddit. We can all learn a thing or two from them.
1. "Timing. Because shortly after you realize you could have still made it work."
3. "Because I muted her on Skype, she was really upset and broke up with me. It really happened." - RasidiRahim
4. "A co-worker told me that she almost broke up with a boyfriend of five years because he didn't get her a present for Valentine's Day. The messed up thing is that she specifically told him not to get her anything this year, that his love is enough, or something like that. Apparently, she just said it to 'test' him."- starscreamandhutch
5. "Best reason I ever got: 'Well, I had a dream that you were cheating on me, and it seemed so real, so I'm breaking up with you.' This was after 18 months of dating."
7. "Because when it comes time to move in together, your S/O has a cat - and even though you're not allergic to cats, you just don't like them. So you give your S/O an ultimatum that they must choose between keeping the cat or you. This happened to someone I know - and the cat won." - Back2Bach
8. "Thinking you're not good enough to be with that person."
12. "Peer pressure. I broke up with my first love because of peer pressure and I regretted it for a very long time."
13. "The worst reason to break up with someone is letting past mistakes cause you two to hate each other. That's what me and my gf did. Aside from our past mistakes (it was the first real relationship either of us had), we were so perfect together. In every way. We were absolutely in love. But a few mistakes and mistranslations caused us to hate each other and we were unable to forgive. After a while it changed us as people so much, we were no longer perfect. Fuck I miss her. I dream about her whenever I think I finally got over it. I was gonna marry that girl." - simpleseer
14. "To test them if they will fight for the relationship. Don't pull that shit." - mousicle
15. "Because she had hairy arms. Emily, if you are reading this, 5th grade me is very sorry."
16. "This happened to someone I know. Had super conservative parents. He fell head over heals for a girl and before you know it, they were a thing. Mind you, things were going quite well, the relationship lasted a whole year but he had to cut it off with her due to constant pressure from his mum. It's sad, considering he was super happy when he was with her. Now his in college doing okay, but that was two years ago. Guarantee they still would have been together if things were different." - jaycrypted