What began as an after-school project between a father and son quickly transformed into an Internet sensation. The "Foodnited States of America" collection, envisioned by Foodiggity creator Chris Durso and his 9-year-old son Cameron, features photos of U.S. states shaped out of food, each with a pun-inspired name.
While they received numerous suggestions online for each state, Durso and his son were super meticulous with the process.
"There are three things to consider: what the state pun is going to sound like, what the word looks like and how the photo is going to be produced," Durso said to TODAY.
These pun-tastic photos are a delicious tribute to each state. Feast your eyes on them:
1. It's better than old jerky.
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger will still mispronounce this.
3. Missing some duck sauce.
4. The Natural State looks naturally good.
5. Presenting the refried state.
6. Accurate food for this state.
7. Very creative!
8. Wish this state was made entirely of this food.
9. The one will make you cry a salt lake of tears.
10. A few packets of mustard are needed.
11. Lima bean laughing at this all day.
12. The seeds are really the cities.
13. It's sandwich time.
14. They might want to replace the Peach State nickname.
15. An entire meal for the Lone Star State.
16. You don't need a buckeye to see the beauty in this one.
17. Avocadon't forget to laugh.
18. Looks delicious, but a potato would have been more apporpriate.
19. Small state, big flavor.
20. The Volunteer State would volunteer to eat this great tribute.
21. Gobble, gobble.
22. Shaped to perfection.
23. You won't duck from this one.
24. Mount Rushmore should also be made out of cereal.