The Most Romantic Beaches You've Ever Seen.
From purple sands to rose-hued sunsets, these beaches are made for lovers.
Beaches have a way of speaking to our amorous imaginations. "Long walks on the beach" may be a widely joked-about romantic trope, but the fact is, the shoreline and the strand are as permanently embedded in our minds as scenes for companionship as roses are tokens of affection.
From a symbolic point of view, it makes more sense than you might initially think. Beaches are often scenes of immeasurable beauty, but that beauty has come through thousands of years of the restless sea grinding and crushing bits of matter--stone, glass, shell, minerals--into powder.
Love can often feel that way. It begins in tumult and longing and then, if we're lucky, it is refined, smoothed, and brought to calmness on someone else's shore.
Meditate on that as you imagine yourself on these sublime shores.
1) The Maldives.pixabay.com fc07.deviantart.net
2) Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, Hawai'i.upload.wikimedia.org upload.wikimedia.org
3) Pfeiffer Beach/Big Sur, California.www.artofhdr.com DeeAshley/Flickr c1.staticflickr.com
4) The Blue Grotto, Malta.upload.wikimedia.org upload.wikimedia.org
5) Elafonisi. Greece, CreteMiguel Virkkunen Carvalho/Flickr Miguel Virkkunen Carvalho/Flickr
5) Hidden Beach. Marieta Islands, Mexico.c2.staticflickr.com funtastique.fr
6) Kaihalulu Bay, Maui.Paul Bica/Flickr Paul Bica/Flickr via wikimedia commons
"Listen! you hear the grating roar
Of pebbles which the waves draw back, and fling,
At their return, up the high strand, Begin, and cease, and then again begin,
With tremulous cadence slow, and bring
The eternal note of sadness in."
--From "Dover Beach," by Matthew Arnold.
Please share these wonderful waterways with your friends and loved ones.
Source: all images sourced under creative commons or tagged for reuse by Google images. Whenever possible, artist name appears in link in lower left corner.