Marriage, once upon a time, seemed like a scary thing. It means fully committing to one person for the rest of your life, for better or for worse, and that's a whole lot of responsibility. But now, that fear has turned to anticipation.
Maybe you've found the one since that time, or maybe you've grown up a bit alongside your significant other. Either way, something changed over time and seeing friends get engaged on Facebook or the countless wedding invites you get no longer annoy you. They actually excite you. You look at your partner and think, hmm, "I could actually stick with you for eternity."
So how do you know if you're actually ready to tie the knot or just a hopeless romantic?
The below signs should help you figure it out. If you're nodding your head yes to them, then you'll most likely nod your head yes when that special someone gets down on one knee. Or rolls over to you in bed. Everyone is different!
It's not something to be taken lightly so here are signs you know you're ready for your significant other to propose:
1. Your heart literally stops every time he gets down on one knee.
2. The thought of getting married no longer terrifies you.
3. When friends and family ask about you getting married you're no longer offended, just excited.
"Soon! I think."
4. You start taking your "Wedding" Pinterest board VERY seriously.
You are no longer wishful thinking.
5. When you see another engagement or wedding post on social media you start thinking about when it'll be your turn.
OK, maybe a little jealous, too.