Ride-or-die guys (and gals), also known as a significant other that sticks with you, are hard to come by. Regardless of whether this person puts a ring on it, they're someone to hold on to and cherish. They're a rare, yet beautiful, type of person everyone deserves to have.
If you're unsure if your "person" is ride-or-die, these signs are pretty good indicators:
1. When they see you're upset, they ask what's wrong.
2. They talk about their future — and you're in it.
3. They don't make you feel guilty for wanting to hang out with friends, or for wanting to be your own person. They encourage it.
4. When you tell them about your problems, they listen.
5. When you tell them about your triumphs, they're proud.
6. They take the time to surprise you every so often.
7. They love to be around your family, and your family loves them too.
8. When you're sick they're the first to show up with a box of tissues and soup.
9. They remember music you like, places you want to visit and even a favorite animal you've mentioned once, and incorporate those things into gifts.
10. They may have referred to the two of you as "a team/unit" on one or more occasions.
11. They feel comfortable putting you down as their emergency contact.
12. They hug you tight when you cry.
13. They don't call you names when you fight.
14. They're just as happy snuggling up and watching a movie with you as they are going to the club.
15. They're totally cool with texting your dad, mom or sibling about something that has nothing to do with you.
16. They say "sorry" when they're wrong.
17. Commitment doesn't freak them out, and if it does, they talk to you about it.
18. They may have discussed baby names with you.
19. They can't tell you that they love you enough.
20. They text you even when you're not with them.
21. They defend you to anyone that tries to hurt you.
22. They randomly tell you you're beautiful/sexy/hot.
23. They don't take you for granted.
24. They tell you you're their best friend — and you feel the same.
25. No matter what life brings, they want you to be the one by their side.
Like this story? Click the button below to share!