Robert Rickhoff is an Essen, Germany-based photographer with a wonderful sense of the peculiar. Thought photo manipulations, he takes mundane-looking scenes of streets, highways, and empty places and adds wildly unexpected elements to them.
They are so perfectly executed that the viewer is drawn into them, imagining what it would be like to actually be in the scene depicted, what it would be like to drive over a giant ramp or slide down a park bench. The effect is a sort of mesmerizing thoughtfulness.
You'll see what we mean. Enjoy.
1. This seems like something that a city would fund with tax money.
2. Most airports feel like this.
3. Suburban problems?
4. No time to work out? Well, urine luck...
5. Slippery slope.
6. Eternity: 25¢
7. "Zebra Crossing."
8. Parking place.
9. Safe(r) at high speeds.
10. Probably not great to nap on.
11. Open carefully.
12. "For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return."
13. Gotta climb the ladder if you wanna sit in the boss' chair.
14. Not sure how this would affect traffic.
15. At least there's sand if they overflow.
For more from Robert Rickhoff, check out his website.