So, if you're ever feeling down, know you're not alone, and check out these pieces of advice from people who understand. They may just lift your spirits.
1. "I know this is cheesy, but I like to do something really nice for someone, usually a stranger. Especially if I'm 'down,' as in down on myself. Being the bright spot in someone's day does wonders for my self-esteem."
2. "Reading a great book, watching an awesome movie, or discussing either of those two with friends."
3. "Creating something. Even if it's sh*t. Writing, painting, music. Whatever your trade is. Making something that wasn't there before makes me feel accomplished, and therefore better about myself."
4. "Singing in the shower to an imaginary audience of thousands."
5. "A good cry. If I can make myself vulnerable enough to cry like a baby, it usually releases enough stress to make me feel like everything might be okay."
6. "Playing with my dog. His happiness is contagious."
7."Feeling the sun against my skin on a long run with music in my ears. It's great."
8. "How has nobody said chocolate yet??!!"
9. "Used to be alcohol. Now it's when my girlfriend lays her head on my chest."
10. "Music is the source of my happiness."
11. "That this is just a moment in time, and better times are at hand."
What makes you happy?
Like this story? Click the button below to share!