A good quote can resonate with two people for two completely different reasons.
The words of our peers and predecessors are usually more valuable than we think, and often times can impart wisdom long after they are spoken or written down. In a recent Reddit post, the user xboxg4mer asked, "Reddit, what is your favourite quote? Why?"
Reddit users responded with some beautiful words. Below, we've compiled our favorites and we hope some of them are new to you. Add some of yours in the comments!
1. "We judge ourselves by our intentions and others by their behaviour.” - Stephen M.R. Covey
2. "Years of love have been forgot, in the hatred of a minute." - Edgar Allan Poe
3. "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson.
4. "Don't do something permanently stupid when you're temporarily upset."
5. “When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -C. S. Lewis
6. "My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."
7. "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses"
8. "If good things lasted forever, how would we realize how precious they are?" - Calvin and Hobbes
9. "While it is always best to believe in oneself, a little help from others can be a great blessing." - Uncle Iroh
10. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
11. “If I tell you I'm good, probably you will say I'm boasting. But if I tell you I'm not good, you'll know I'm lying.” - Bruce Lee
Liked this post? Share it by clicking below!