You don't have to be watching the news daily to know 2016 has been a year of political and social turmoil at home and abroad. Of course, It is very important to address the importance and gravity of these events, but in order to keep sane, we must also remind ourselves there is positivity all around us, too.
Even in the face of unspeakable tragedies, you can always find some good in the world. We sometimes search for positive things that impact everyone on a large scale, but things on a micro level are just as important.
To be a part of the goodness, do something nice for you fellow human being. Because the little things can mean so very much.
Take a look at some of the things you can do to brighten someone's day:
3. Say something nice to a stranger.
4. Leave a bowl of water out for your neighborhood's dogs.
7. Work with someone to get over their self-doubt.
8. Offer to help someone with their yardwork.
11. Give a loved one a kiss, just because.
12. Offer to pick someone up instead of having them drive.
15. Get involved with a loved one's passion.
16. Treat someone to an ice cream.
19. Acknowledge someone for their good deeds.
20. Buy a drink for a stranger.
23. Have some special bonding time with kids.
24. Carry something for someone.
29. Bake something for your parents.
Cover image via Giphy