When someone advertises a product a certain way, and it's completely bogus, that's false advertising. While there are real cases of this, sometimes people will take the figurative meaning of a product and assume that it was literal. And you can't spell assume without ass …
Here are 17 times people thought they encountered false advertising with the literal names of stuff, but they really got the wrong idea:
1. Dude, it's just fabric softener.
2. It's just the name of the breed.
3. When you're buying plastic toys in a bag, you should already expect this.
4. They mean the actual pots and pans.
5. Clearly the dogs are Photoshopped.
6. Nothing to do with Wi-Fi.
7. Did you really think food can do that?
8. Not the actual bottle.
9. Even cats get confused.
10. OK, a little ironic here.
12. You can't milk everything.
13. It's just a signpost.
15. This cartoon is not what you think.
16. Some dryers are better than others.
17. Hope they realize it's just a store.