Just when you least expect it, Hollywood is bringing your favorite movie back in a brand-new reboot. These remakes occur all of the time now. And while there is certainly some excitement in the air about a remake of any classic film, there is a sometimes a bit of pushback.
Here are 11 reasons why movie reboots might be cool, but the originals will always be slightly better:
1. It waters down the original movie plot.
2. It makes mediocre original movies seem like classics.
3. Younger generations might not even realize there is a better, original film.
4. Special effects shouldn't be a substitute for a real plot and good acting.
5. No matter how big your budget is, more money doesn't mean a better movie.
6. Not such a great idea to make a movie out of an old TV show.
7. Great concepts from years ago may not work again today.
8. Box office success is not always a great substitute for a quality movie.
9. The audience may not be ready for a new version of their favorite movie.
10. And for every remake that is actually really awesome ...
11. ... it seems like there are many others that are not.