Remember Those Times When Selfie Sticks Didn't Exist? This Is How People Took Pictures Back Then
Not a duckface to be seen.
1. History's first selfie! Robert Cornelius snapped the first self-portrait in 1839, using the daguerreotype photographic process.
See more of history's firsts from the first bikini to the first high five here: 13 First Times In History.
2. Selfie, 1920 style. Note how bulky the camera is.
3. Here's one more from the series. These images were taken by famous photographer James Byron Clayton.
4. Obviously, not everyone had a camera back then. Did it stop them from taking a selfie? M.C. Escher says NO.
5. Aha, the mirror trick! Photographing yourself in the mirror dates back to the 1900s.
6. Here's one more.
7. Keeping up with the Kennedys, back in the 1950s.
8. Here's a good example of self-taken photography. Shocker: It's over 110 years old.
9. The selfie in the 70s, via hippie Harry Potter.
10. You could always count on a photo booth. Here's some sassy selfies from the 50s.
More vintage photo booth selfies here: Sassy Vintage Photo Booth Selfies From The 1900s-'70s.
11. Apparently, the photo booth trend is still hot today.
Read about this adorable photo booth proposal here: This Guy Managed To Capture His Proposal In Photos Without Even Having A Camera In His Hands.
12. Back in the day, people definitely didn't care about their "best angle."
13. And others were just happy to geek out.
14. Some geniuses were using the selfie stick prototype before it was cool.
15. And others... Well, others just had their pictures taken by a photographer. Like normal people.
Read more about this couple and their everlasting love here: Every Month This Couple Posed In Their Garden Together, Then Life Happened.
Seems like there are more cool ways to take a selfie than just these. What are your favorites?
Like this? Click the share buttons below!