It's time that we were honest with our harmony-happy holiday season selves: things have changed since a lot of Christmas songs were written.
No one's "roasting chestnuts on an open fire" anymore. But "watching Netflix on a Kindle Fire"? That's a Christmas possibility.
To that point, people have been tweeting classic carols re-imagined for the modern age with the hashtag #modernxmascarols.
Check out the most festive (and high tech) suggestions below.
1. "I Saw Mommy Snapchatting Santa Claus"
2. "'Put Your Phone On Silent' Night"
via Caitlin Cress
3. "Grandma Got Run Over By An Uber"
via Mel Martzker
4. "Little Tumblr Boy"
5. "Let It Yo, Let It Yo, Let It Yo"
via Pete Pachal
6. "We three kings have lost GPS signal."
via Lump O'Coal
7. "Deck the LOLZ"
via Ryan LaMountain
8. "Bye Felicia Navidad"
via Charlotte Cahill
9. "Bae, it's cold outside."
10. "O Tinder Swipe"
via Daniel Reyes
11. "Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to sit and watch Netflix all day."
via Grace Williams
12. "I'm dreaming of a Vine Christmas"
And our personal favorite...
13. "He's making a listicle, he's checking it twice."
Share these with your friends!