Somehow, cutting out gluten — a protein found in wheat, rye, and barely — became ridiculously trendy in recent years.
The words "gluten free" are now ubiquitous. You can find gluten-free foods at your local grocery store, gluten-free labels on products that literally never had gluten in them to begin with and hilarious gluten-free memes. Now, you can also find gluten-free art thanks to a Tumblr titled Gluten Free Museum.
From Disney's Lady and the Tramp to Vermeer's famous milkmaid painting, gluten is Photoshopped out of each masterpiece. Even "American Gothic" is featured without its wheat-gathering tool.
Check out how different these works of art would be if they were gluten free:
1. "Cake Slice" by Wayne Thiebaud
2. "Le Petit Parisien" by Willy Ronis
3. “The Siesta” by Vincent van Gogh
4. Chief Wiggum by Matt Groening
5. "5 o'clock Tea" by Daniel Spoerri
6. "Bread and Eggs" by Paul Cezanne
7. "The Milkmaid" by Johannes Vermeer
8. "Cake" by Jeff Koons
9. "Pulp Fiction" by Quentin Tarantino
10. "American Gothic" by Grant Wood
11. "Lady and the Tramp" by Walt Disney
12. "Supper at Emmaus" by Caravaggio
13. "Summer" by Giuseppe Arcimboldo
Like this story? Click the link below to share!