Bars didn't always have cute outdoor sandwich boards to lure customers in. That's because bars used to be deliciously seedy dens of iniquity, where shifty miscreants, pool sharks, whiskey-eyed writers, and former vice cops on their last pension checks would sit around — inhaling their amber anesthetics, listening to sad songs on the jukebox.
Nowadays, however, bars are well-lit places where people say things like "craft beer" and "mixology." Some of the best DIY ad signage has been developed in order to tempt people into these well-loved watering holes.
Here are a few of our favorites, as found on Imgur. Cheers.
1. If there's free bacon, YOU GO INTO THE BAR.
2. I wanted a cold beer, not the cold, hard truth.
3. These guys got your back.
5. The oldest lie...
6. What could be more romantic?
7. Beers > bears.
(awww...okay, not this bear.)
8. Old school.
9. There goes your career. And your marriage. And your self-esteem.
10. Hopefully the last stoner/footwear pun you'll see today.
If you liked this, please share it with your friends.