These Bed Sheets Made From Recycled Coffee Grounds Are Good For The Planet, And For Your Beauty Sleep

A whole new way to indulge in coffee.

People don't usually associate coffee with sleep, but one company is setting out to change that by making bed sheets out of recycled coffee grounds.

The Australian company, Ettitude, has launched a Kickstarter for their new product, Bamboo Coffee Sheets, and explains that the sheets have a natural ability to block odors and moisture, making them stay fresher longer. The sustainable product is made from the company's Bamboo Lyocell fabric and recycled coffee grounds, which normally end up in landfills. 

"Coffee makes the world go round, with over 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed in the world every day!" it is explained on the Kickstarter campaign page. "The average cup of coffee, however, only utilizes a minuscule 0.2 percent of the coffee with the remaining 99.8 percent becoming coffee grounds thrown into the trash." 

Their technology allows them to recycle that 99.8 percent into yarn — and voila! 



Those behind Ettitute say that the eco-friendly fabric is also cruelty-free and vegan-friendly, helping further their mission to help the planet and people. On the website it says they work directly with their suppliers, guaranteeing that workers are paid fairly and are in comfortable working environments. 

Not only are the sheets well-made, but they come in all kinds of great colors: Latte, Flat White, Strawberry Frappe, and Mocha. 

(H/T: Mashable)

More From A Plus

GET SOME POSITIVITY IN YOUR INBOX

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest news and exclusive updates.