Animals may not have it so easy after all. Elephants can't jump, female ferrets in heat will die if they don't mate, and sharks lose a tooth a week. These are just a few facts about animals that artist Brooke Barker decided to turn into a series of illustrations called "Sad Animal Facts."
Barker's series has already earned her over 22,000 followers on her Instagram page for good reason: Each of her illustrations combine cute animal images with a gloomy, yet hilarious, tidbits about the species.
"It only takes a little research to find out that animal lives are so sad and so weird," Barker told Distractify.
Here are a few of our favorite:
1. And you thought your commute took awhile.
2. At least they don't have to go to the dentist.
3. Cows really need Gas-X.
4. Birds won't join NASA.
5. Maybe they should try speed dating.
6. Instead of the Tin Man, it should have been a jellyfish on "The Wizard of Oz."
7. They can still use autotune.
8. They don't have to worry about sunburn.
9. Instead of a catnap, call it an "antnap."
10. No need for deodorant.
11. Going to a gym would be pointless.
12. Wake up, already!
13. What's with those vests?
14. Think of it like a snow cone.
15. Talk about insomnia.
16. And you thought your home smelled awful.
17. If you are under the age of 28, you never saw these.
18. The saddest fact of them all.
19. Talk about a busy bee.
20. Home-cooked meals are usually tasty.
21. This is why elephants can't play basketball.
22. Who needs milk?
23. When are you expecting?
Like this story? Click the button below to share!