It would be a lie to say that before packing my bags and moving to New York from Europe six months ago, I did not have any stereotypes about Americans. Of course, I quickly learned that many of these were simply not true.
South Korean YouTuber Sw Yoon decided to conduct a little experiment around the campus of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University in Japan. He asked a bunch of students, all from different countries around the world, how could they could recognize Americans.
So here it goes:
1. You can recognize an American by the way he or she talks.
Even if that's not always obvious to Americans themselves.
2. Americans love food. A lot.
Said a Swedish guy while munching on something clearly deep-fried.
Whoa there. That's a big generalization to make, ladies from Germany.
In all fairness, there also must be a great number of Americans that eat only gluten free ramen.
3. They want everyone to understand the importance of boozing.
4. It's all about water bottles in 'merica.
Yep. They do.
5. Americans do not care about their clothes that much.
So we take it, these Swedish boys do not watch Gossip Girl.
6. They are just really happy. All the freakin' time.
That's one way of putting it.
7. Sometimes they might claim as theirs things that don't belong to them.
That's quite a statement.
8. They smell... nice?
Watch the entire video below.
Do you agree? Completely disagree? We'd love to hear what you think.
Like this? Please share by clicking below.