With the rise of eBooks, it's easy to forget how much of what makes a book is sometimes more than its text. Cover illustrations, spines, and other nifty features play a role in making physical books so unique.
Here are the book designs that bibliophiles' dreams are made of:
1. In case you can't read the whole thing, a summary.
2. This was probably the worst to clean up after.
3. Why is fore-edge painting not still a thing?
4. Every book should have this.
5. This glow-in-the-dark book is completely white when viewed in light.
6. George Orwell's "1984," appropriately censored.
7. The edible cookbook, printed on sheets of pasta.
8. Worth the reread(s).
9. The most alert book ever: about coffee, made from coffee.
Like this story? Click the button below to share!