Visual artist Lucie Kruta recreates famous works of art by some of the most well-known artists in the world such as Johannes Vermeer, Vincent van Gogh, and Pablo Picasso. Kruta's three children — Natty, Oliver, and Victor — are her models most often, but the Prague-based mom has also asked friends to take part in her recreation photos. She started the blog Rembrandted Kids to share photos of the seriously well-done recreations.
"Taking pictures of children in (the) style of famous paintings was at the beginning just a wacky idea. However, during the time it became practically the everyday activity for me," Kruta wrote on her blog. "I found the chance to devote myself to my own art activities and also the possibility to engage my own children in this creative process. Making the pictures is mostly about improvisation, whether it is about the decorations or the interaction with children. And that is just what I like the most about it. Most important is having fun! In front of as well as behind the camera."
We think it's totally awesome that Kruta found a way to combine her careers interests and her kids in an exciting, creative way.
You can check out some of her recreated masterpieces below:
1. Johannes Vermeer's "Girl with a Pearl Earring."
2. Jan van Eyck's "A Portrait of a Man in a Turban."
3. Frida Kahlo's "Self Portrait."
4. Gustav Klimt's "Mother and Child."
5. Charles Sprague Pearce's "The Little Flower Girl."
6. Alphonse Mucha's "Dusk."
7. L.S. Lowry's "Gentleman Looking at Something."
8. Vincent van Gogh's "Vase with Twelve Sunflowers."
9. Pablo Picasso's "Maternity."
10. Raphael's "Two Angels."
11. Pablo Picasso's "Bread Wearer."
12. Kees van Dongen's "The Corn Poppy."
13. El Greco's "Lady in a Fur Wrap."
14. Henri Matisse's "Girl with Tulips."
15. Edgar Degas' "Little Dancer of Fourteen Years."
(H/T: Woman's Day)