Our day-to-day struggles look a lot different today than they did in the '90s. Especially when it comes to technology.
Back then, we worried about fitting our Walkmans in our pockets and waiting for our dial-up internet to load. Remember when you couldn't use the phone and the Internet at the same time? Now we've got our phones, tablets, computers, and e-readers all hooked up to the same Wi-Fi. Times have changed.
Imgur user Bohab995 put together a series of life hacks from the '90s that show just how far we've come. You'll notice they're a far cry from the life hacks we seek today.
Check them out below:
1. When we had to worry about our parents hearing the house phone ring.
Now, our cellphones vibrate at all hours.
2. When we needed to rely on printed out directions.
Now, all we need to do is type our destination into the GPS.
3. When we had to burn CDs.
Now, we just stream our music.
4. When we had to worry about having a disposable camera around.
Now, we can just snap photos with our cellphones.
5. When we had to blow on the cartridges to make games work.
Now, they're downloaded right to our devices.
6. When we had to worry about returning our movie rentals on time.
Now, we just buy them on demand or stream them.
7. When we had to keep Beanie Babies in pristine condition.
Now, they sit in a dusty box in our attics.
8. When we could cram drinks and extra items in our pockets through airport security.
Now, we empty all those pockets and keep as many liquids at home as possible.
9. When we had to worry about keeping our Tamagotchis alive.
Now, we just reset the apps on our phones.
10. When we needed floppy disks for our files.
Now, we just put everything on the Cloud.
11. When we had to use a payphone to contact someone.
Now, we just send a text.
12. When we had to clean the ball in our mouse.
Now, we just use a trackpad.
13. When we had to strategize while playing board games.
Now, we play games online.
14. When we had to spend time rewinding our VHS tapes.
Now, we just click a button and our movies instantly rewind.
15. When we had to figure out ways to fix our Slinkys.
Now, we're not so easily amused.
16. When our graphics used to look like this.
Now, they look like this.
17. When we had to figure out ways to deal with our computers that constantly froze.
Now, we just use our phones and wait for it to fix itself.