A while back someone posed a question to that great receptacle of crowd-sourced knowledge,Quora, asking "What are some lesser known Google search tips and hacks." We now present you with some of those answers, along with a couple of ours that you might not have known about.
21. A search for "do a barrel roll" or "Z or R twice" will spin the page...www.quora.com
20. Searching for "tilt" or "askew" will...yep, tilt the page.www.quora.com
19. Want to recursively run searches for recursion? Search for "recursion."www.quora.com
"Recursion is the process of repeating items in a self-similar way. For instance, when the surfaces of two mirrors are exactly parallel with each other, the nested images that occur are a form of infinite recursion."--Wikipedia.
18. Google's playful spirit comes out when you ask it to "define anagram..."www.quora.com
17. ..And yes, a search for "anagram" brings up..."nag a ram." (don't bother rams!)www.quora.com
16. Searching for "zerg rush" creates a search page being eaten by 'O's. Click each O three times to kill it. GO AHEAD...WE'LL WAIT.www.quora.com
15. Need to calculate a tip? Just search "calculate tip!"www.quora.com
14. Wanna build stuff? Check out Build with Chrome. I KNOW RIGHT?!!
13. Special days-search for holiday dates and get reminders on Google Now. No excuse for missing Mother's Day.www.quora.com
12. "Books by..." will list popular books by an author.www.quora.com
11. "Songs by...." will give a list of popular songs by (almost) any artist.www.quora.com
10. Google Translate has a manual feature that allows you to draw characters and symbols.A+
9. "Graph for (math function)" shows the function plot...(NO CHEATING ON HOMEWORK)www.quora.com
8. "solve circle/triangle/rectangle/..." similarly solves Geometry problems...(WHAT DID I JUST SAY?)www.quora.com
7. Clicking the microphone icon in Google search will allow you to speak your searches and commands. Say, "make me a sandwich" and you might get sassed.A+
"Show me something cool."
"What time is it?"
6. Searching for "google in 1998" gives you a retro version (without the flannel and grungy millennial angst).www.quora.com
5. Convert currency. Want to find out how much you REALLY spent in dollars in that pub in London? Well, maybe when you feel better.www.quora.com
4. Search "the answer to life, the universe and everything"www.quora.com
3. Find out the distance between cities (and travel time).www.quora.com
2. Set a timer (this also works with voice commands).www.quora.com
1. Go to Google Images and search for "Atari Breakout."A+
Google has yet to bring me a beer, but it does almost everything else I need it to..
Knowledge is power. And Google is the most powerful search engine in the world. It even has a sense of humor! Have fun with these, and be sure to pass them along. Click the button below to share with your friends now. They'll be happy you did.SOURCE: Quora, and the brains at A+. Each individual answer's source is located at the bottom of the corresponding graphic.