Like most animals - humans included — dogs have a tendency to get into things when left unattended. Maybe it's because they get bored. Maybe it's because they have poor impulse control. Maybe it's because they get upset when we leave them for too long and they want our attention. Maybe it's because they just do what they want and it feels good to leave domestication behind, if only for a while. Regardless of what they do, however, we always find a way to forgive them. You can't blame a dog for being a dog, after all.
These dogs, however, suffered a punishment usually reserved for human offenders: their owners publicly shamed them. Can a dog actually be shamed? Well, from the looks of it, some of them look pretty sad that they disappointed their humans. Others... not so much.
You be the judge. Enjoy these pictures culled from Imgur,
1. Bad influence.
2. You can forget about that walk you were going to take.
3. That's NOT a toy.
5. OK, I'm not sure you should be allowed to hang out any more.
6. That looks like defiance, not shame...
7. Are you sure she wasn't just commenting on the shoe, though?
8. You know, it was just a matter of time before that Roomba became self-aware.
9. So... no mouse, then?
10. Well, since it was only one time...
11. Even the hedgehog is in trouble.
12. And I bet he'd do it again...
13. One time is too many times...
14. Insult, meet injury.
15. Well, the first step is admitting you have a problem.
16. Points for creativity?
17. This dog just went straight ham.
18. I'm sure they're used to it.
19. Apparently. Ew.
20. Well... at least it wasn't beer.
21. This dog can't be shamed at all. She is completely at peace with herself.
Like this story? Click the button below to share!