Science gets a bad reputation for being dry and boring, but the reality is that there are incredibly wondrous things out in the Universe.
Here are 20 scientific facts that will bring a smile to your face and remind you that no matter how hectic life can get, there are some things that are just plain good out there.
1. Some things are too cute for our brains to comprehend, which leads to "cute aggression" that makes us want to squeeze things.
2. Based on its chemical composition, the center of the galaxy likely smells like raspberries and tastes like rum.
3. A seed buried by a prehistoric animal during the last ice age grew into a flower, 32,000 years later.
4. Because of the atmospheric pressure, it likely rains diamonds on Jupiter and Saturn.
5. Being kind to others actually increases personal happiness.
6. Otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift away from each other.
7. When two people are in love, their heartbeats can synchronize when they look into each other's eyes.
8. There is a special kind of music that is made just for cats.
9. Over 99% of the energy used in Norway is renewable.
10. All of the elements required for life were made in the cores of stars and released into the Universe when the stars exploded. We are all made of stardust.
11. Dolphins are able to remember their friends, even after years of not seeing them.
12. Cats rub their heads together to maintain friendships.
13. Yawns are contagious because of empathy for another person's feelings.