14 Fun October Holidays You Didn't Know About But Will Want To Celebrate
Let the celebrations begin.
1. First of all, it's National Pizza Month.
Pretty sure every month is pizza month, at least for me.
2. Oh, and it's also Sarcastic Month.
Wow. So exciting.
3. Name Your Car Day: October 2.
What's YOUR car's name?
4. Come And Take It Day: October 6.
We're not sure what this day is, but according to Holiday Insights, it may have something to do with the Come & Take It Festival held in Gonzales, Texas every year on October 2nd, which commemorates the first shot fired in the Texas Revolution of 1835.
We'd like to think it comes from the Spartan king Leonidas' reply to the Persian ruler Xerxes' demand that the Spartans surrender their arms: "COME AND TAKE THEM."
5. Leif Erikson Day: October 9.
Leif Erikson was the first European to set foot in North America, having traveled from Greenland in 1002 AD.
6. Take Your Teddy Bear To Work Day: October 11.
Unless your bear's not domesticated.
7. Moment of Frustration Day: October 12.
Oh, if only it was one day a year...
8. National Dessert Day: October 14.
Did we mention it's also National Cookie Month? Yep, it is.
9. Bosses Day: October 16.
Maybe show up sober, on-time, and do some work on this day.
10. Evaluate Your Life Day: October 19.
Um, maybe next year.
11. TV Talk Show Host Day: October 23.
Celebrate the hosts who bring us the finest in talk television.
12. Make A Difference Day: October 25.
Held every year on the 4th Saturday in October. Help out a neighbor, a friend, a stranger. Or some ducks.
13. Tell A Story Day: October 27.
As you wish.
14. National Candy Corn Day: October 30.
And then, of course, you have Halloween to conclude a month of festivities.
If you liked this, please share it with your friends.