Everyone loves a good fun fact — a little snippet of info that makes you feel smarter, but it's easy to become a skeptic on the Internet, where misinformation thrives. It's especially easy when something feels like it could be right, but it isn't. Then there's a completely different breed of facts. These are facts that seem so mind-blowingly unlikely that they couldn't possibly be real, but they absolutely are.
Redditor JustinMGH went to /r/AskReddit to find out: "What fact or statistic seems like obvious exaggeration, but isn't?"
Here are 12 of the most amazing facts that sound completely made up, as told by Reddit:
1. "The difference between million and billion is huge (relatively): 1 Million seconds = 11 Days 1 Billion seconds = 31 years" -TheIshark
2. "Nintendo existed at the same time as the Ottoman Empire." -roussell131
3. "You could walk from North Korea to Norway and only pass through one other country. Also, your feet would be a little sore." -SexAndCandiru
5. "If you start in Downtown Detroit and head south, you'll end up in Canada." -rugtoad
6. "Cleopatra was alive closer to the Moon landing than she was to the construction of the great pyramids." -redditating_
7. "Similarly [to Cleopatra], we live closer (in time) to the T-Rex, than the T-Rex did to the Stegosaurus!