Hey there, smart girls!
1. Being smart and amazing doesn't just happen. Be curious, be insightful, make it happen, and encourage it in the next generation.
"When young girls are encouraged to explore what they find interesting, they grow up to be interesting women." -Amy Poehler
2. You're insightful, well-read, and too smart to take crap, which may make you more challenging to date. That's okay. Don't settle for someone who won't put in the effort.
"Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women." -Natalie Portman
3. Any guy who wants you to be less of who you are is not worth your time. If he can't keep up with you, find someone who will.
"There are only a few things in this world that turn me into a giant squid of anger, and one of them begins, 'My boyfriend thinks I'm too smart for him.' The Venn diagram of boys who don't like smart girls and boys you don't want to date is a circle." -John Green
4. You're a smart girl and you have something to bring to the table. Don't ever lose that!
"I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest." -Frank Sinatra
5. Your relationships will be much happier when you start setting higher standards. Don't compromise on this one!
"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with someone and they don't have books, don't fuck them." -John Waters
6. Do not water down your hard-earned intelligence for anyone. If they want you to change who you are, they are not worth it. End of story.
"The saddest thing for a girl to do is to dumb herself down for a guy. " -Emma Watson
7. Do not let anyone else define you. Believe in how amazing you really are.
"I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I'm beautiful. I say if I'm strong. You will not determine my story—I will." Amy Schumer
8. Taking risks and relying on your own intellect can be scary, but the other option is not an option.
"Don't become something just because someone else wants you to, or because it's easy; you won't be happy. You have to do what you really, really, really want to do, even if it scares the shit out of you." -Kristen Wiig
9. Being smart does not mean that you can't be girly and fabulous, too; it just gives you the tools to create the life you want and deserve.
"Girls think that being glamorous means making mistakes and being irresponsible. And that's just not true. The smarter you are, the better prepared you are to make decisions in your life, the more likely you are to lead a satisfying life and be glamorous and fun and anything you want to be." -Danica McKellar
10. Be yourself and worry about the things that truly matter. Nothing else should be worthy of your attention.
"The sexiest thing in the world is being really smart. And being thoughtful. And being generous. Everything else is crap. I promise you." -Ashton Kutcher
Pass this article on to the smart girls in your life!