While almost anyone can think of a million penis jokes, most people are clueless when it comes to real medical facts about the male genitalia. Just like the female body parts of vaginas and breasts, there are important realities about the male sex organ that are widely unknown. Thankfully, the medical professionals at TCM Fertility Clinic & TCM HealthCare developed an awesome infographic with cool facts about penises.
Here are 10 surprising facts about penises that you didn't know before, but do now:
1. 6 seconds ... that's how long the male orgasm lasts. The female orgasm lasts for 23 seconds.
2. 1 centimeter ... that's how much the penis can shrink from smoking.
3. 23,000 square meters ... that's how much skin doctors can grow from the circumcised foreskin of infants. They use it for treating burn victims.
4. 1 in 400 ... that's how many men are flexible enough for self-oral pleasure.
5. There is a type of fish, the phallostethus cuulong, that has a penis on its head.
6. During missionary, the penis is shaped like a boomerang.
7. 13.5 inches ... the biggest human penis.
8. 1-2 centimeters ... that's how much the penis can shrink if unused.
9. 7 calories are in every teaspoon of semen.
10. 42 types of bacteria ... that's how many are located on the penis. There are fewer on circumcised penises.
Here is the full infographic: